Monday, April 9, 2012

Moving on...maybe?

So, I came to some sort of conclusion last night while I was smoking.  I've wasted so much time and energy being angry and blaming other people for what is going on in my life.  I guess it's time to take responsibility for my own life,  forgive the ones who have wronged me and move on.  This probably sounds so self righteous and he'll never see this (I don't think) but I would like to say that I forgive you Timmy and I wish the best for you in life and I hope you've found everything in life that makes you happy.  That really took a lot for me to do and I really thought I was over all the things he did to me and had moved on, but I realized I couldn't have if I still have all this anger and resentment in my heart.  He was the first person I ever loved and I would have done anything for him, but now is the time to move on and I really feel like I have now too bad it took me 3 years to figure that out, but I guess you can't rush things like that.  I've been so scared of moving forward it doesn't seem to work out when I try to.  I think that's why I've been dragging things out here in Vegas, because I'm so scared of what's waiting for me when I move on from here.  I'm terrified actually what if the decisions I make keep being the wrong ones?  The slightest thing can determine how life is going to go for you at the time.  What if Tennessee isn't the place I need to be right now no matter how much I want it?  I have all these doubts about my life and what purpose I'm supposed to have in this world.  I just don't know anymore and it scares me to death.  Is this all a test of faith?  How could that be when God already knows how little faith I've had these past years.  I can't even remember the last time I really sat down and prayed.  I guess I'm scared of Him too.  I'm afraid He'll let me down like so many others have....that really says a lot about my faith doesn't it.  Some people make me feel so bad about the life I'm living and I know I should be doing better, but it still bugs me all the same.  I've not had a relationship since my divorce.  Well, booty calls and male companions and such, but nothing real and any man that I felt was getting to close I would push away.  I know it was just because I was terrified of what all that meant.  I've always felt like I was such a strong person, but I really am just some scared little girl and honestly I didn't realize that until just now as I'm writing this.  But my starting point was people talking about how they don't understand how women can have such a lack of respect for themselves to just have a friends with benefits kind of thing.  Maybe I really don't have any respect for myself I never really thought that I didn't till someone posted that stuff and it got me to thinking like so much else has gotten me doing these days.  I know sometimes I just sleep with someone to validate myself as a woman.  Sometimes I just need to have that realization that someone does want me.  I know people need healthy relationships and not just what I have but how can I have that when I don't even love and respect myself like I should?  How could I ask that of someone else when I don't even believe it myself?   That's just nonsense.  I just don't know what to do anymore.  I kinda miss the Air Force, just because they always told me what to do LoL.  Well,  I'm 24 I guess it's finally time to grow up.  Geez 24...where has the time went.  I feel like I'm supposed to be married have a career and 3 kids already being a good house wife or something....maybe that's a southern way of thinking.  That seems to be the way things are going with everyone else I know.  Well, I'm listening to music and chatting on FB while I write this so I've lost my train of thought....oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Totally broke your chain of thought...my bad. ;)

    Also, I'm not sure what to say about any of this. I LOVE YOU! And I, of course, think you should move back to TN. Actually, if you find out you don't like TN and decide to travel with Mr. T and I wherever I end up, that would be fantastic. I will hate to have nagged you for...how many years?...to come back to TN only to leave as soon as you show up. :P

    I do believe there is an awesome guy out there waiting on you, so keep it in your pants (or...out of your pants, I guess?) until you find him! ;) I've just come to this realization with another one of my friends - being in a non-relationship prevents you from actually being able to get involved in an actual relationship. You can say you're just a "booty call" but at the end of the day you have this connection to a person and that connection is going to keep you from being totally open to someone else.

    And, of course, God loves you. And He will only let you down if you limit him. You think you want the whole cake, when he's telling you to just enjoy a slice. It seems like it's worse His way, but then you find out you get an entire freaking dessert buffet tomorrow if you just wait. I have no idea if that whole analogy relates to you...maybe I just want some pie.

    Anyway, hope all this makes sense! And finally - Timmy is a turd. I'm glad you got rid of him. And I'm glad you've forgiven him. Little turd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you B! Yes, he is a turd...now I want pie...

    ReplyDelete